Eggs - an easy meal

You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs! The saying suggests that you can't make something wonderful without stepping on some toes, or without destroying something else. I prefer to think that eggs are meant for delicious things like cakes and eggnogs and omelettes. Here's a very easy two-egg omelette that serves one person as a meal - breakfast, lunch or dinner. Your choice of filling makes it versatile and adaptable. Choose mushrooms, sweet peppers and onions. Or ham, tomatoes and cheese. A good frying pan is an asset.

Eggs, two
Water or milk, two tablespoons
Salt, pinch
Mushrooms, four medium, sliced
Cheese, two slices cheddar, or goat cheese, or blue cheese
Onion, small sliced
Oil, tablespoon
Butter, tablespoon

Beat eggs with water or milk and a pinch of salt. Have all other ingredients ready. Heat frying pan at medium to low with oil and butter. When the butter is just sizzling, add sliced onions. Cook onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for two minutes. Pour over the eggs. When egg starts to set, add cheese. Fold omelette along the middle. Transfer to plate.
Folded over and removed from heat but still sizzling!

Comments

  1. I make a very loaded omelette! I fry up the filling before hand: ham, onion, sweet pepper, real pepper, tomato, garlic and salt. Then I remove the filling, fry the egg and when the egg is almost ready I put the filling in the centre sprinkled with a ton of cheese and fold the egg around it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,....I do something similar too,...I normally use vegetables like zucchini, chard, pakchoy,and onions which I stir fry, when they are almost cooked, I leave them in the pan, and pour over the egg mixture and sprinle with grated cheese, cover over until the eggs cook and swell in the pan. Then I put a large plate over the pan and turn over the omelette onto the plate,.... the top is a lovely gold brown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment